I have NEVER been a fan of gyms; they smell funny, everyone always looks super thrilled to be there (sarcasm), and they are always packed (unless you go at some ungodly hour) but instead of listing the reasons why gyms suck (oh wait, I already did), I thought I would give you five reasons why working out at home doesn’t suck.
- I don’t have to spend precious time driving to and from the gym. I’m a mom of two young girls and finding time to workout is already a challenge, I don’t need to add to that “commuting to the gym”. When I DO make the time, I just walk into my living room and BOOM I’m at the gym.
- I never have to wait for equipment. You think that someone who doesn’t have enough time to commute to the gym would have time to stand and wait for a piece of equipment to be available at the gym? I don’t even have time to go to the bathroom sometimes! At home, there is no waiting, not just because I’m the only one here but because I pride myself on creating workouts that require little to no equipment in the first place.
- Five words- sips of coffee between sets. Do I need to say more?
- Because I work out at home, I have two little girls who now think working out is fun. How could I possibly lead by example if all they saw was me leaving for the gym and then coming home again?
- Those sweet little reminders that make you realize why you are doing this whole crazy thing in the first place.
As you can see, I’m definitely a believer in working out at home, it really doesn’t suck at all. As a mom, it just makes sense to me on so many levels and until they open up a gym right next door to my house, I’m probably going to be a home gym believer for life.